This Strategic Plan 2016 - 2019 ‘Achieving an Outstanding Trust with Pride’ outlines the goals and targets of the Trust over the next three years.
- Shares, clarifies and defines the vision of the Strategic Board of the Fierte Trust for the next three years
- Expands on the Trust’s strategic objectives
- Gives definition to the key goals as well as performance measures that will evidence our successes and the success of the academies within the Trust.
- Explains how we will track opportunities and risks in an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Celebrates and builds upon the individual academy successes already achieved.
Underpinning the Strategic Plan will be a focused Business Plan alongside financial, back office and school improvement plans. These plans will be tracked through the year by the regulated forums of the Trust (Finance, Leadership and Management, Governance) which will, in turn, report to the Strategic Board. A Trust Self-Evaluation Document (SED) will evaluate Trust strengths and developmental steps on an annual basis. It will take into account achievement across the Trust, characteristics of successful Trusts as performance indicators and stakeholders in the Trusts views and this will be evidenced through a MAT Data Dashboard.( These will be live documents)
The Fierte Trust has grown to include 3 Primary academies in Staffordshire. It aims to expand within the two key locations between the current academies within the Trust i.e. Burton upon Trent and Tamworth in Staffordshire.
The Trust has chosen to focus on two important principles, all academies working at maintaining or towards’ outstanding’ and this being accomplished at pace. It has strategically worked on embedding systems and processes in order to have the solid foundations upon which it can take the next step in its growth.
Opportunities for expansion of the Trust into new areas are being pursued with careful consideration that additional academies joining the Trust will increase the level of challenge considerably. The Trust will make sure that its drive for improvement to outstanding is also applied to these institutions. It is mindful of the responsibility to the pupils/students and communities it serves and is also thoughtful of the uniqueness of each academies community and context within the Trust.
Vision: A vision and ethos deeply rooted at the heart of the Trust fosters in all pupils both a culture and mindset of belonging, self-worth, higher aspirations and an intellect of independence; this alongside the self-belief that there are no limits to what each child can accomplish
The Fierte Multi- Academy Trust has a proven track record for supporting underperforming schools to improve pupil outcomes and raise standards. A clear vision, ethos and shared expectations of excellence support this small, dynamic Trust which is capable of building on its success, extending its influence and making a regional contribution within Staffordshire.
Fierte Academy Trust’s vision is to work as a community of primary academies that are hubs of excellence, offering a broad and balanced education, fit for purpose and where pupils are safe and engaged in their learning. The Trust is driven by a moral purpose of making a significant difference in areas where failure has been ingrained and ambitions stunted. Aspiration and high expectations are paramount to the growth and success of the academies within the Trust.
At the heart of the Trust is a culture of collaboration where schools across the Trust can access the support that they need to set themselves up for successes within an established system which in turn is responsive to the needs and performance of each academy.
Key elements of our vision
- Rapidly become established as a small, dynamic Trust which is capable of building on its success, extending its influence and making a regional contribution within Staffordshire.
- Establish within the Trust, academies that are centres of excellence for leadership, teaching and learning, collaboration and giving all pupils a curriculum that is balanced, broadly based and prepares pupils in all schools for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life. The Trust will become a flagship and centre of learning for other academies and schools in the region.
- Be driven by a moral purpose to transform opportunities and change life chances of children and young people who live in challenging times as well as challenging areas.
- Work in partnership and collaboration with schools across the Trust accessing the support that they need to set themselves up for successes within an established system which in turn is responsive to the needs and performance of each academy.